As a website user you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We also aim to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
Measures to support accessibility
Magpie Creative Communications Ltd takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Seriously Resistant:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
Seriously Resistant is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Seriously Resistant. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Seriously Resistant:
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Seriously Resistant is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Internet Explorer 11 with JAWS version 15 or later on Windows
- Internet Explorer 11 with ZoomText v10 or later on Windows
- Firefox (latest version) with NVDA
- Safari with VoiceOver on iOS and OSX
Seriously Resistant has limited compatible with:
- Microsoft Edge support is limited though will work in some cases
Accessibility of Seriously Resistant relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Seriously Resistant, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Seriously Resistant:
- Campaign resource downloads: The PDFs available as parts of the campaign pack are not fully accessible because the materials were created before complete checks were in place. The campaign resources will be updated at the next round of content creation. We are improving our accessibility training to highlight the issues. Please contact us if specific resources are required.
Magpie Creative Communications Ltd assessed the accessibility of Seriously Resistant by the following approaches:
An evaluation report for Seriously Resistant is available.