What can we do?
To prevent and control the spread of antibiotic resistance, health professionals can:
- Prevent infections by ensuring your hands, instruments, and environment are clean.
- Only prescribe and dispense antibiotics when they are needed, according to current guidelines.
- Report antibiotic-resistant infections to surveillance teams.
- Talk to your patients about how to take antibiotics correctly, antibiotic resistance and the dangers of misuse.
- Talk to your patients about preventing infections, including vaccinations, hand washing, safer sex, and covering nose and mouth when sneezing.
Make your pledge to keep antibiotics working
Become an antibiotic guardian and help protect antibiotics for future generations.
Download your toolkit (6)
Use our free resources to help raise awareness of antibiotic resistance with patients to help keep antibiotics working.