What can I do?
To support the Seriously movement, it’s important that we:
- Do not use antibiotics to treat any viral infections, such as flu, the common cold, a runny nose or a sore throat. Find out more about common infections, symptoms and treatment here.
- Only use antibiotics when a healthcare professional such as a doctor, dentist, nurse or pharmacist prescribes them.
- Take the full course of antibiotics when they are prescribed, even when feeling better.
- Do not save unused antibiotics or share them with friends and family.
- Take any unused antibiotics to a local pharmacy.
- There are lots of other ways you can support the campaign in your business or organisation to help us spread the word about the danger of antibiotic resistance. Even the small act of putting up a poster could change the lives of people in the future.
- Download our free resources to help keep antibiotics working.